The next TSW state of the game type article is out and I have to say it’s making me want to play again. It is very refreshing to have an mmo being so open as to its direction, they don’t avoid talking about the hot button topics and systems/mechanics in development. I get the feeling I am respected more so than other companies.
I also really like Joel Bylos, he is a dev that just feels more natural and real than any other I have seen. Watching those ToR dev vids always made me squirm a little as they were strongly constrained by a PR approach, then we have Joel Bylos who exudes familiarity. He seems like the quintessential gamer, and seems similar to myself.. minus the penis of course. He is passionate and enthusiastic about gaming, and when you see some of the developer playthroughs of him chugging back a beer you get the feeling he understands gamers in a certain way because.. well he is one. Ragnor never really exuded thus at all and seemed like the savant locked in his basement trying to create “art” so I think this changeover is going to be a good fit.
I am definitely heading back soon but there is so much that I have missed and need to catch up on so what’s better than a list.
- Transylvania.. I still had one more whole zone to explore. I also haven’t read any dialogue in Transylvania as my main goal was to finish all the quests before GW2… Which I failed miserably.
- Gearing up… Seriously what I was using was pretty pathetic. This will probably involve dungeon running.
- Skillin… Working out a spec for whatever group function is needed as well as a proper soloing spec. Will probably require more skill points.
- Lairs… I really do enjoy open world bosses and I have yet to see any of these new additions
- New Looks. I never got around to tinkering with my character after the update so now’s the time
I also haven’t seen any of the new content except for the carter unleashed mission. I am really looking forward to all the missions I haven’t seen and how the characters are evolving.
- Crime and Punishment. More missions from Sam Kreig, sign me up
- Hell & Bach. Helping Daniel Bach chase his Pulitzer story and track down Theodore Wicker
- Funeral Crasher. Eleanor Franklin’s haunted mansion is rather restless
- The 3rd Age. History and past combine in this investigation mission in Egypt
- Red Handed. Dr various and an exploration of the Red Hand, don’t know who this guy is yet anyway
- also one mystery mission that I must discover, more than she appears to be… hmmmm
- Digging Deeper. Looking deeper into Kingsmouths past with the Illuminati and Henry Hawthornes’ connection to it
- Death and Axes. Sophia of the besieged Farmlands has felt a disturbance in the force
- Strangers from a Strange Land. Learning the history of the Solomon Islands and connection to Norseman.
- Singing Stones. Iele in the Shadowy Forest needs help fighting back the infection and keeping the magical harmony of the forest.
- Auxiliary Weapon
- The Binding. A devilish investigation mission in the city of the sun god where we get to learn about the sentinels
- Dogs of War. An action mission in the Carpathian Fangs, showcasing the battle between werewolves and vampires
- Halloween events.. wooo
I really want to experience their first Halloween event as they have probably been planning it for quite some time. And what better place to have a Halloween event then TSW, It’s already got that spooky vibe to it and the real world setting is going to make it amazing. Just reading about the Halloween special in the blog post makes me itch for it, and to meet the cat god…. I always knew my cat was up to no good
Anyway I will probably start my TSW play times for a couple hours on the weekend now as I can’t guarantee a day during the working week. I will probably need to join some sort of active casual group to help complete my checklist as well as just make my play time more enjoyable… May just make some friends too but I’m very antisocial so probably not.