The Elder Scrolls online
- Environments look very visceral with nice detail and colour
- Whack a mole combat… very static and stiff
- Megaserver?.. seems more like heavy instancing and phasing.
- Class customisation sounds interesting
- maybe a horizontal progression system at cap
- Realm battles with little lvl/gear advantage.. probably should have used realm people for that large scale battle as they were quite obviously AI and it looked like a rather terrible large scale fight
and it wouldn’t be The Elder Scrolls without stupid looking helmets.. oh and i loved the comment “moving your mouse will make you look around”.. OMG what sorcery is this
I am definitely going to try this as i have heard good things about the combat and bad things about many of it’s mechanics that have been overworked
the combat is looking really interesting here and rather frantic and tactical.. it gives me that Tera vibe in a good way although hopefully there will be a lot more customisation of skills. It seems like they are on the right track with the development but whether it all culminates into a decent territory based pvp experience is the big unknown.
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Well it’s going free, kind of.. I don’t usually talk about mmo’s i really don’t like but ToR just seems to always have some sort of news that keeps them in the public eye. I just don’t understand there business practices at all as they seem to undermine there consumers at every turn, and sometimes are even downright dismissive or condescending. I still remember reading the rant by an ex-employee even before Tor was ablip on my radar and it is funny to see how right he was and how similar the parallel between the mismanagement of War and Tor is.
In the end ToR is an ok game, i guess but it wasn’t really worth paying for be it a sub or box, going the free to play route may bring in more people but as it is I really don’t see it bring in the kind of revenue turbine saw with the changes to their game.
Blog post about the new raid
I am really looking forward to seeing this raid just for the environment alone as it really did look spectacular in the raid reveal presentation. It sounds like they are going to make it quite challenging and usually i would say that is a bad thing as gamers tend to like to complain about content being too difficult but the TSW crowd has taken rather well to many elements of the game that require perseverance and problem solving. It is nice that they are making the raid easily accessible and that the power creep issue is still being kept in check as it makes for a more enjoyable endgame when there are more options I just hope it isn’t one of those raids that gets beaten in the first week on it’s hardest setting.
- As part of my recent Mecha obsession i have been playing an age old blast to the past.. MECHCOMMANDER. It is still a rather fun game with Microsoft putting up the source for free a couple years ago, while I couldn’t get it to work based on the instructions on some of the forums I just downloaded the core game from here.. instructions for it here. I’m not exactly sure if that is legal even thoguh the source is free, I moralised of course through the ideal that I owned it a long time ago in a land far far away. In terms of combat though I always preferred the first one as it was a little bit more tactical
- New IoJ farming map
- GW2 Spidy – great trading post resource to see where prices are heading and an absolute amazing resource for crafters to get the most money out of sales
New Humble Bundle for Android. There are some great game to pick up here.
- Eufloria has a great aesthetic, music, and gameplay.
- Machinarium is oh so cute and puzzly
- Swords and Sorcery is an amazing and rather whimsical little adventure romp
- Splice has a simplistic deviousness to it.. mind bending