- For those that applied to the Wildstar Beta you might have received a link to a survey which if completed may improve your chances of getting in. It might possibly be in your spam folder, if not here’s the link
- Tameriel Foundary has a great breakdown of the communities interests. Interesting part was the question about content and surprisingly achievements are last…. awwwwwwwwww oh well. Also it seems interest in the pvp, small scale and large is strong for ESO which I am guessing is more due to ESO’s focus on that particular style but it could indicate the growing popularity for the mode after the popularity of WvW. Also its seems interest in large scale PVE, like raids is actually quite low, what does that mean for Wildstar?
- An article about Anita Sarkeesian apparently being The Most Dangerous Woman in Videogames. A look at the culture surrounding the contreversy and differences between what happens in the world and on Youtube.
- What big data Can’t tell about games, how to run, make and implications for us over at Kill Screen
- Another post regarding Industry standards
- Troll Racials are Overpowered has a great rant about how explorers are a waste of money. can’t say I agree if these sort of mechanics are implemented properly but as it they are now it does seem that way.
- An interesting post about the creation of player narratives through class choice and how it affects our experience and that of others at virtual Stowaway. Also Gamer by Design discusses certain factors accounting for skill within the class structure.
- NBI Initiative has ended for the month although the resources and website we still be available afterwards. The newbie Rewards have recently been given out with a lot of great blogs and writing being recognized.
- And speaking of Newbie Bloggers, another has taken up the reigns called Pixxie Space
A new anime called Space Dandy from the creators of Cowboy bebop, Samurai Champloo and many other big name shows: A lot of talent behind it. It actually has a simultaneous release in both Japan and US, the western version which will already be dubbed… you don’t see that very often.
Also the Wildstar team had another twitch stream over the weekend and this one seemed a lot more polish as well as going into many mechanics and such. The combat loooked more fluid although it does seem seem way to easy, little risk in those fights at all.