- Gamasutra has an article discussing irrational games journalism. How the relationship between developers and the media can shape the way in which information is distributed and opinions formed
- A perfect an absolutely hilarious Satirical piece focusing on the news of an all female LoL tournament at Esport Express
- And absolutely Huge essay on the decline of MMO’s going into detail on a few defining factors as well as solutions for the future
- Mr Murf has a post going through the interesting definitions of Complex and Complicated and how they can dramatically change the focus of mmo’s
- Reports from the field argues for the importance of Low Energy Gaming and how it can be a great combination with other more active forms of content but also desensitize players to anything else.
- In An age dissects the amount of randomness within Hearthstone, which can really relate to a lot of other games with how it can encourage more interesting experiences, how it can be an equalising factor and what can be done if their aim is for a more competitive CCG.
- I got a bit of a chuckle from the weird, wacky and clever names found in GW2 at Ald Shot First
- Syncaine talks about how PvP can be a good filler content part for any mmo as it doesn’t rely on constant updates
- We game united has some great posts about many of the authors favourite parts of the Mario games
- The Plus ten damage podcast has a great interview with a developer of the indie project The Long Dark, and interesting wilderness survival game, regarding creating a survival games, mechanics to bring life to the experience and how they wish for it to impact the player
- Creepy gaming urban Legends
- A Design school has some absolutely wonderful LoL character Designs fro one of its assessments
- A free fan made sherlock game.
- Developers of quite a lot of indie games have taken to using the hashtag #Screenshotsaturday to display screencaps of what they are currently working on. There is a website tracking the pictures and some of these just look amazing.
- I also Backed a Kickstarter project called Arcadia quest over the week. Been craving for a new dungeon crawler board game and this one looks to have some interesting ideas as well as fun gameplay. Plus the company looks to have a bit of experience creating board games too.
Gods Will be Watching for more pixelated murder and mayhem
Renegade X for old school Command and Conquer multiplayer action in a new shiny engine
Divinity: Original Sin
The Old City
One of the weirdest trailers ever
The beginning of an Extra credits series looking at quest design
An interesting look at the Making of the Last of us
I really need to play strike suit zero