OH.. MY GOOOOOOOD….. it’s another week of Link dead radio. The show with the stuff you like… you know, that stuff.
This week a lot more videos of stuff I am kind of interested in as well as blogging conversations about player demographics, Preorder nonsense and a couple pieces class design.
Click Play to continue
- First off is the interesting survey results from Gaming Conversations that shows demographics and interests within mmo’s
- Link Saves Zelda Looks at the discrimination against female protagonists that came up once again when Life is Strange reported they had trouble selling their idea to interested parties.
- Nerdy but Flirty Responds to the level of hypocrisy within the geek community and the moniker of being repressed. And also considering this vision, how they end up often bulling other groups as well.
- Leo’s Life Proclaims that preorders need to stop and, I have to agree. At least when it comes to the big budget games and companies.
- Occasional Hero Looks at why they are excited for a Guild Wars 2 expansion, kind f makes me hopeful and interested as well.
- Weekly Wizardry Discusses the evils of homogenization when it comes to character classes. How differences and uniqueness between classes should be used and celebrated.
- Gamer By Design Wonders whose game is it anyway when talking about mmo’s, in particular wow making the claim it will always be the developers. I have to disagree, it’s both. You have to have give and take but also a clear vision. If not well, some recent failures can be used as an example.
- And lastly a controversial but interesting post from Kotaku of all places with one of the writers talking about their past, and need to play violent media. I know a lot of our medium can be used as guidance from those that need it, as a therapeutic tool but it’s also influencing much of the current, violent culture we have. MIxed feelings here.
And I haven;t said this before but if your really into some more detailed and in depth discussion about games culture and mechanics from around the interwebs then check out critical distance that does a great recap every week. I would often include some of these but like to keep this more a blogging/community thing.
And as always if you have posts I missed or sites you think I overlook then feel free to yell at me a little below.
Boid – interesting looking rts
identity kickstarter – modern day mmo
Shadowrun Hong Kong kickstarter
Season after the fall – platformer